Saturday, June 7, 2014

You´ll never guess what happened

May 19, 2014
Familia,
This week all across Centro America was Family Week. Every night there was an activity that focused on families.
Monday night was a family home evening and all the members were encouraged to invite a family and have them in their home for the Family Home Evening. We had Family Home Evening with a less active member and and his family (No one else in his family are members). We sang, shared a scripture and played some games.
I went to Nahuala for the first time in my mission for the district meeting. It is really pretty up in the mountains and bigger than I thought. We got another less active to come to the family workshop that night in the church. The message was good about taking time for the family. Helping us to make evaluate if our time is spent or is it invested. When time is invested both the parents and the children are blessed.
This area has been a challenge, yet we are hard at wrok. We had a bright spot we met A. She listened to us at the door. She was excited about learning more about the plan of salvation.
Friday May 16 I got a phone call from Elder Bloom he told me my companion had changes, they told us at 8:00 am and at 1130 we had to be in the office. My new companion is Elder Rodgerson.
 Keeping with the week of family we went to the activity that night with R. and her daughter. it was good and the chicken was delicious. In other events I offered to help an older lady carrying a wheelbarrow full of weeds. I got behind it lifted up and ripped off the handle. It was funny and the lady thought so as well which was better. Turns out it was the same older lady that 5 days previous slammed the door in my face. 
That night there was a fireside broadcast from the capital with the area presidency. It was in Toto and A. and her three daughters V.,  A., and S. all came. They were people we contacted one time so that was special. It was so good to see all my previous friends and members in Toto. I was recognized by many and felt very loved. Mama C. said I looked really skinny. She is a good woman and helped me to realize she really cares about me. 
Thank you for your prayers and love and support. For those that may be struggling with a problem remember that all answers can be found in the Book of Mormon. Read it, ponder it and pray about it. I promise as a representative of Jesus Christ you will be blessed with the personal revelation of how to overcome your particular problem.
Love,
Elder Wright
Elder  Rodgerson

No comments:

Post a Comment