Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bring on the Storm

June 2, 2014
Family,
It has been raining since 2:30 Sunday and they say it is a 72 hour storm.
We also watched another step in the Corte process, it is a HUGE process. 
Wednesday May 28 I better understood the quote "I once complained because I had no shoes then I saw a man with no feet" Only this time it had to do with cinderblocks. We passed by twice where some men were sending up one block at a time with a pulley system to the third level. I wondered if there was a better way. Later that night we saw a huge pile of blocks at the base of a Mount Everest sized hill. It was so steep. We recognized the lady would need help and we offered a hand. They weighed a ton. It was an hour and a half of hard work. But well worth it to help.
May 30, 2014 Celebrating THE BEST TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to believe. It felt like a birthday where you know something special is going on but you don´t physically feel different. But I know I have grown spiritually and in many other ways. Two years in the mission Two years of working with all my heart might mind and strength Two years of being away from my family so others can be with theirs for eternity.
We spent most of the day doing what Justin calls look ups. We ate Philly Cheese Steaks and apple pie with ice cream at a restaurant. It was surprisingly good, and who knew that Xecul had that stuff?
We went down in a bus to San Cris and went to a baptism. We sang a special number “Nearer My God to Thee”. 
We went to visit J. and S. We taught about why Christ instituted the sacrament. We need to remember Him. We read the sacrament prayer. We shared our love and concern for them. We explained that we invite them to read the Book of Mormon and to go to church not for us but for themThey both were at church the next day. 
After church we talked to them and J. said “Yes” to baptism. We put the date for the 7th. 
I realized with 2 years of retrospect that I believe the same, but the strength of the conviction has been fortified immensely. 
Thank you so much for your love and support. 
Love,
Elder Wright
One step in the Corte process

Apple Pie- "The Best Two Years" so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment