Thursday, October 24, 2013

Working Hard, and Following the Spirit

October 14, 2013
Querida Familia,
We have had pouring rain. We are focusing on trying to get 10 contacts outside of our plan daily. To use Justin's words we "fearlessed" in the Centro park. We had 3 crazy kids asking us all about English. We contacted the parents and they seem more or less interested. I respect you a lot Justin for doing that almost daily it is challenging but gets better with practice. Keep it up!
We are working with the Stake President about how to work more with the members and get things moving forward. We have attended ward council and shared a message to get the members animated.
President Hinckley once talked about if we are led to do or say something good it is of the spirit. I am trying harder to learn to do this. One night I was walking and a man passed, I thought it was one of our new investigators. I felt I needed to stop him, so I called out. He came back. Realizing quickly that it wasn´t, we contacted him. Then we continued on our course. The real investigator came around the corner. I was grateful to have followed the impression to stop the first man, since this set us up to talk to our investigator at the right moment.
We made sloppy joes with an investigator. We taught creatively that the bread, meat and spices/sauce were like the three fundamentals of the iglesia of Jesus Christ, prophets and apostles, authority and revelation. It went well. We pray she can progress. She has to go back to work and it will be hard.
A husband and wife that we are working with have had many challenges. Heavenly Father continues answering prayers. . . Today we found out that things worked out with their house and they will be changing homes at some point. They also found Q40 on the ground, what a blessing for them. In helping them we watched the Joseph Smith movie so they can have a solid testimony of the church. It applied really well with all the trials the saints passed and all that they are currently passing through.
I know that the book of Mormon is the most true book on earth. I know that as we follow its precepts we can return with our Heavenly Father. I know that obedience is necessary. I know that when we fall, the Atonement and our loving Savior is there to pick us up and help us to do better. With the Atonement we can have more strength than our natural abilities. I know this is the true church. That we have the authority to act in God´s name. Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet guiding us and keeping us one step ahead of the adversary. I don´t know these things because some one has told me but because the Spirit of God has let me know. I testify in the name of the Master even Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all.
Love,
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment