Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Great News

April 7, 2014 
Familia,
1 April Fools!!!! No joke we went to Xela for a meeting. We got all the Huehue Zone Leaders in one van it was awesome. The meeting was great!
We taught one of our investigators about the Atonement and explained how much the Savior loves her and is mindful of her. She expressed she could feel that the Savior does love her, when we were teaching her. 
At lunch a member told us, “What a great privilege to have a representative of Christ in my house.” This was humbling.
We taught a lady and her kids the restoration. They have changed so much. The lesson was super powerful and the rain that came stopped for the lesson and right when we were challenging them to pray about it. The rain came down on a tin roof and the baby started crying. 
We helped our neighbors move. We rode in the back of the moving van... it was weird not having any idea where I was. 
We were walking back from sector Brasilia and crossed the bridge about 100 yards down from where we met a couple we know. I also got the impression to cross the street and talk to a person on the other side. I began to talk and she told us her thoughts and life were like the highway with curves and zigs and zags. Turns out about a month ago Elder De Leon gave her kids a soccer ball. 
We asked if she had time for a visit and she did, we also met her neighbor. We taught about the power of atonement and invited them to conference. We left them a copy of the Book of Mormon and I felt inspired to mark Alma 7:11:15.
I watched all sessions of General Conference in Spanish, and understood it all except for very few words. It was amazing to see the gift of tongues at work. For the interested I was in the same chapel I watched it last year. Ha what are the chances? On Sunday of General Conference our investigator we invited and her neighbor did come. During one of the talks she recognized the scripture in Alma 7 that I left, she read, and Bednar quoted. It was amazing!
It rang true that the Lord wants us to be obedient in all things and he will bless us if we are. He also wants us to be happy and will allow us to be so through the Atonement. 
Small Poem I wrote
As my time winds down, I try not to frown. 
The end is coming near, and I have loved my time here
I have felt grace and love, From He that is above.
Although the future gives me a scare, I know that I am in His care.
Whate´er the trial I can Bear for I am in His care. 
Love,
Elder Wright
Helping the neighbors move

No comments:

Post a Comment